- Use Coupons. Coupons are just like free money. They can now be found online and could be used not only in foods, but also for clothes, pet supplies, an computers, etc.
- Buy Generic. Generics are not bad. Some generic products offer the same quality as branded products. What is good about generic products is that they are available at great discounts.
- Get Cash Back or Rebates. Some credit cards offers rebates or cash back incentives for money you spend shopping. Web sites like FatWallet.com, Ebates.com and Jellyfish.com also offer these services.
- Pack Lunches instead of Eating Out. Families that pack lunches save money. Eating fast food five times a week is costly and unhealthy. Even if your husband replaces one fast food lunch a week, the savings will be about $20 a month. That's $240 for the entire year.
- Save money at Restaurants. To save money when dining out, eat at a family-friendly restaurant. Some restaurants offer meals for children which are available at lower prices. Try also to hunt group or family meals. This will definitely help you to save money on restaurant fees.
Having a family means more responsibility for couples. It is their responsibility to make sure that their child will receive all the attention and care he/she needs while at the same time providing finances for the whole family. Oftentimes, income is limited. Here are some practical money-saving practices you and your family can use:
A Freelancer is someone who works on a contract basis. You will act as a specialist, or expert in your field. But this doesn’t mean that you have to secure different certifications, being proficient and knowledgeable in the duties you perform is enough.
Freelancers are in high demand especially for start-up companies who don’t have enough income yet to hire permanent employees. It would also help them to save lots of money, since freelancers do not get benefits like medical, dental and insurance.
The type of projects available for freelancers include accounting, translation services, language consulting, creative writing, Web design, programming, technical and business writing, data entry, Internet and off-line research, and everything in between.
What are the Advantages of working Freelance?
The foremost advantage of working freelance is you own your time. You have the freedom to schedule your own working hours and hold office anywhere. You don’t have to wake up early so you won’t be late to your 8 AM regular day job. You will also be able to chart your own career path and be your own boss. Your salary will also not be limited to a set amount every month subject. Instead, you will earn as much as you work—it all depends on you.
What are the Disadvantages of working Freelance?
Do not expect to receive a paycheck on the 15th and 30th of the month. Freelancing is a no work-no pay job. You will also be saying goodbye to regular employee benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, 13th month pay, bonuses and paid vacation leaves. You will also be responsible for paying your own taxes. Being self employed can also be lonely, especially if your work is home-based.
How to Freelance?
For starting freelancers, looking on online job boards really make sense. We personally recommend you to these sites:
Rent a Coder
These sites offer freelancers the security of getting paid. The downside of these sites is that competition is steep. oDesk has recently announced a group health benefits program for those working through them that log at least 30 hours per week.
Do not assume that you will have as much pay as you get from your regular 40 hours per week job, because you will be spending on workday marketing, sending out bills, and chasing payments. And how will you know when to charge more? When you receive lots of offers and you are too busy to handle all of them, a good way to figure out who to stick with is to raise your price until you don't have enough customers.
Freelancers often do their own accounting, marketing, and administrative tasks, which can be a burden and a time drain. Consider trying out some personal finance software to see if you can handle billing and record keeping.
If you think you already have established enough connections with different clients, set up your own website that will showcase your talents. Direct your clients to your site and offer some extra services only you can offer them. Further extend your reach into the worldwide community by advertising your services both offline and online.
Freelance Contributor: Crystel Cortez