- Use Coupons. Coupons are just like free money. They can now be found online and could be used not only in foods, but also for clothes, pet supplies, an computers, etc.
- Buy Generic. Generics are not bad. Some generic products offer the same quality as branded products. What is good about generic products is that they are available at great discounts.
- Get Cash Back or Rebates. Some credit cards offers rebates or cash back incentives for money you spend shopping. Web sites like FatWallet.com, Ebates.com and Jellyfish.com also offer these services.
- Pack Lunches instead of Eating Out. Families that pack lunches save money. Eating fast food five times a week is costly and unhealthy. Even if your husband replaces one fast food lunch a week, the savings will be about $20 a month. That's $240 for the entire year.
- Save money at Restaurants. To save money when dining out, eat at a family-friendly restaurant. Some restaurants offer meals for children which are available at lower prices. Try also to hunt group or family meals. This will definitely help you to save money on restaurant fees.
Having a family means more responsibility for couples. It is their responsibility to make sure that their child will receive all the attention and care he/she needs while at the same time providing finances for the whole family. Oftentimes, income is limited. Here are some practical money-saving practices you and your family can use: